Friday, March 26, 2010

Raising a Mother

It was the night before Sears Drama Festival. I always love this time of year with its culmination of all our hard work, with the excitement of taking a show to a new venue. The night before the festival, Kieran woke up at 2:00am with raspy breathing. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night, planning out the next day, worried about what would happen.

Croup. He woke up with croup. Murphy's Law! Luckily all sorts of people stepped up to make sure the play would happen. It was a crazy morning, but our caregiver, my colleagues, Mike, and friends all made sure the kids got to have their experience.

It takes a village to raise a mother.

I stayed home to take Kieran to the doctor. By late afternoon, he was better so I still made it to see the show. It was their best performance yet. So moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment