Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Metaphor...

Thank you to Jackie Gardiner for taking this photo. Or should I say this visual metaphor of my relationship with my son. From day one, he's been full of surprises, many of them scary, most of them good.

Some days we're moving in different directions. We often have different goals. For instance, I want Kieran to use the potty, and he clearly can't because of his language barrier, being Spanish and all. I toil all morning making gluten-free, sugar-free chocolate chips cookies (for which the ingredients cost more than the sweater I'd love to buy) only so he can eat the first two out of the oven and shun the rest. So--as Jackie so eloquently said--Kieran enjoys the view while I slog away uphill.

Man, I love that kid. And he's lucky I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment