Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cookies and Pots

Cookies

I feel like shouting this news from the rooftops! I just made a delicious gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free chocolate chip cookie. Kieran and I both ate one and stared at each other in disbelief. We are both accustomed to my creations turning out a little...dry...crumbly...chick pea-tasting...blah. Now, we rejoice.

What they heck was in them then? you ask. Bob's GF flour, coconut oil, vanilla, applesauce, ground flax seed, xanthan gum, salt, evaporated cane juice...nothing too strange or difficult to find. I found the recipe from--you guessed it--Baby Cakes. I'd love to include the recipe here but I didn't create it so then it might be an intellectual property sort of issue.

http://www.babycakesnyc.com/

Honestly, I'm not working for them or anything. It's just the best darn cookbook I've found for my boy's food issues.

Pots

Sue's Christmas Pottery Sale

Saturday, December 5th, 11am-5pm
293 Albert St., Kingston, ON
*some of Sue's early work
*pots from a personal collection
*new work
*sale items/end of line selections

***a portion of the profits go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation

Sue is a dear friend of mine and an amazing potter. She was my first pottery teacher. If you're in the area, going would be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment