Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home-made Christmas

Every year, I vow that I'm going to make as much as I can for Christmas: gifts, decorations, cards...
Every year, I get a few things done, but never as much as I imagine.
I so ENJOY making things--there's just no time.
Here's my best effort this year--and my friend's best efforts.
Shari collected these boughs and arranged them in my urn. Last year I made the dog's breakfast of the project. My designer friend couldn't bear it. This year, she rescued me from this decorating travesty. Now I have a lovely urn of which I can be proud. Thanks!

Shari also taught me how to make these little snowflakes from rolled paper (not rolling paper, although that might work too). Just cut the paper into strips (or use a shredder) and roll the paper around a skewer. Glue the end to form a little spiral. Then, glue them all together in any shape that looks snowflakey.

Kieran painted coloured paper with glitter. Then, I cut out shapes and made this card. I also used his finger paintings to make snowflake cards. Maybe if I start now, I'll have enough for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment