Monday, August 31, 2009

Super Slaw

"Slaw" just has to be one of my favourite words. It's also one of my favourite summer foods. Here's my version of cole slaw--with some different ingredients. Our family is eating more raw food lately and this was a way I could experiment with things one doesn't normally eat uncooked...like beets. There are lots of super-nutritious foods in here--hence the name "SUPER SLAW."

I'm not skilled at measuring, but here's an estimation.

Slaw:

1/4 head green cabbage, chopped
1/4 head red cabbage, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 beets, shredded
2 radishes, shredded
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped

I also though it might be nice to add seasame seeds or roasted almonds but haven't tried that yet.

Dressing:

1 tablespoon seasame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari (I use gluten-free)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon agave, maple syrup, or honey

Mix it all together and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! What a nice surprise this morning -- the photos of the great corn "put-up" and the recipe for super slaw. I was thinking of you yesterday when I placed my Wendy's order and did in fact order cabbage and beets to make my own super slaw. I was wracking my brain to remember the dressing additions - thanks for posting it, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete