Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Dessert

I'm always looking for ways to reduce refined sugar in our diets while still enjoying rich desserts. I discovered this recipe in the spring and have made it about ten times. I used it at Kieran's birthday party to make homemade "Dunk-a-roos" with gluten-free arrowroot cookies. So, it's a nice dessert because it can be placed in martini glasses to look fancy or be served at a kid's party. I found this in New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant. If I haven't conviced you to make this yet, it only takes about 10 minutes.

3 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 pound ricotta cheese
1 tsp pure vanilla
honey to taste (1/3 cup approx)

Blend the melted chocolate, ricotta, vanilla, and honey in a blender until smooth. Chill before serving.

Soooo gooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment