Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home-Made Cards


Since my son first expressed interest in art, I've rarely had to purchase a greeting card. Whenever I need a card I just tell him whose birthday it is and off he goes. Of course, I tend to "supervise" a little too much sometimes.

So, it was lots of fun to have a helper over the other day to make birthday cards for Jim and Krista.

I figure that he's making the art anyway, so we can save paper by transforming it into cards. Last year, he even made the wrapping paper for his cousins' gifts.





With our 100-mile diet just a few days away, I thought I'd get a head-start. I roasted a chicken so I can make stock tomorrow. Then, I'll make a batch of squash soup. I think this is going to be a lot of work!

I apologize for the unfortunate view of the chicken. Martha Stewart would have turned the bird the other way and her herb sachet would be wrapped in pink gossamer rather than hanging out like the dog's breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment