Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Domestic Weekend

I was on my own with our son for much of the weekend. With a very busy week ahead, it was kind of nice to fall into a domestic rhythm. A staff meeting, parent-teacher interviews, an improv show, and our Matthew Barber concert all await me this week. It's going to be crazy. Did I mention that Nanny and Poppy are coming too? So, over the past few days, I did the things I know I won't have time for until next weekend.


cooking and baking (soup, bread, apple-blueberry sauce)

gardening

(even though our yard is a construction zone, spring bulbs have managed to reveal their splendor)


hanging laundry on the line

(thanks for all the wonderful responses to my "On the Line" column)

Earth Day Clean-up

Kieran constructed this garbage monster at library program. He named it "Moppy" but refused to put any garbage in it. Instead, he filled his mouth with sand. Moppy had a rough day and after losing one of his eyes, concluded his short life with this somewhat horrifying grimace.

And don't forget...

BIG NIGHT THIS WEEKEND

Friday, April 30

An Evening for Shari Mulville

The Brockville Yacht Club

Door open at 6:00pm

Admission $20

Matthew Barber (Juno-nominated musician)

Silent Auction

All are welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment